Monday 25 September 2017

if Expressing a condition

This is the complete lesson, for those who want to go that little bit extra from the British Council!

For the lazier ones, this is what you have to remember:

1) You think it's possible:  If I pass my exams, my parents will buy me a new phone.


2) You think it's practically impossible: If I were a millionaire, I would live in a palace! (=I'd live in a palace)

3) It's a past impossibility: If I had passed my exams, I would have gone to university.

UNDERSTOOD?  Check with these exercises  from first-english.org

Silly jokes!

Q: What do you get if you cross a kangaroo and a snake?
A: A jump rope!

Q: What do you get if you cross a fridge and a stereo?
A: Cool music!

Q: What do you get if you cross a kangaroo and a elephant?
A: Big holes all over Australia!

Q: What do you get if you cross cat with an elephant?
A: A flat cat.

You can also use IF to give advice:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write to Mrs Locke here! (anonymous users)