Tuesday 10 April 2012

Talking about the future! What are you going to do? What will you do?

If the future is certain, or programmed, you can use :

Present be v-ing for the near future
LMFAO is coming to our school next week!
or
The expression be going to + V  
 It is going to rain. Look at those black clouds!



For a future that you predict or decide, use the auxiliary will + V
I will be a vet when I grow up.


WILL
A lot of people will scream if you put a spider on their head!
This little girl is very brave. She won't scream.

 I'll buy you lunch if you come shopping with me!

WATCH OUT!             "will" has a contracted form : " 'll "
                                      "will not" also has a contracted form : "won't"

Have fun acting out this little dialogue!

Ben:                Will you marry me, Julia?
Julia:              No, I won't!
Ben:                Why not?
Julia:              Because I'm going to marry Barry!
Ben:               No, you can't. You don't love him!
Julia:             Yes, I do! I'm sorry! Goodbye, Ben!
Ben :              I will never forget you, Julia! Farewell!


Let's practice!

Predictions with will

 Simple exercise

will or won't?

Making sentences about the future

Listen to Jessica's plans for her future trips and do the quiz

Lesson and complex sentences


What are your plans for the future?
How do you imagine 2050?

Leave your sentences in the comments section!

1 comment:

  1. c est geniale j adore le blog a demain mrs locke

    5°6

    ReplyDelete

Write to Mrs Locke here! (anonymous users)